Friday 13 May 2011

imaginative title

iPhones. I have one. Lots of people do. They're overrated.
That was rather silly, and rather brief; I feel pushed to say something more though am at a loss as to what to say. I shall think about what happened today and get back to you.

An author visited my school today; he spoke and tried not to swear, he answered questions and told us how he gets down to write a book. I learned nothing.
I guess I do now know what it's like to have a bloke from Leicester telling you about his book about poo, but that's not the most productive way of spending an English lesson. I disliked what this author was saying. Deeply.
I don't know what it was that he was saying that I didn't like so much, but there was just a nagging dislike the moment he started talking about his books. This isn't really going anywhere, and if it did it wouldn't be very productive, but I just don't like it when people make out that what we see everyday is all negative. Gangs. Neglected youths. Drug addicts. People don't seem to be able to get past all of that bullshit. I acknowledge that there are large problems associated with those things, and that those things themselves are large problems, but when people claim that that's all there is to life my blood boils like soup. Open your eyes and you'll see a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment